CONCEPT BY: Myself
In the midst of the first week of our group project, we decided to individually conceptualize a few ideas and narrow down to 3 for our first presentation. Fortunately, my idea was 1 among the 3 that we had the opportunity to present.
The concept takes us through the journey of 3 ordinary shapes seeking for happiness and excitement in their lives and how their discovery of 3 fruits helped them attain that and spread the happiness to a gloomy boy.
The story takes place in a scenario of a theatre play where the 3 shapes play the main characters under the spotlight.
Things I took into consideration for the concept are on the basis of the product's identity
- Tagline: Kids and grown ups love it so, the happy world of Haribo
- Key word: Happy
- Motive: Haribo makes you happy
- Mascot: 3 monsters in 3 different shapes
- My Aim: To tell the evolution story of the sour monsters (How 3 ordinary shapes transformed into 3 happy monsters).
- My message: Spread the happiness
- USP: Natural coloring, 3 different fruit flavors, Appeals to kids and adults (wide range)
FEEDBACK (4 of 5 rating)Out of the 3 faculty members, the advertising tutor didn't happen to find it 'funny'. On the contrary, my intention was to engage the audience in a journey to the happy world and not a funny alien planet. To be honest, I've worked with clients before and they may be the owner of the house but don't necessarily make good landlords. However, what pleased me was when the students were asked to vote for the ideal concept amongst the 3, mine received more than half the votes. Also, I was approached by one of the advertising students who understood my thought process. I'm glad my effort was appreciated even though my group mates didn't necessarily pick my concept to carry forward for the project.