Thursday, November 17, 2011

SS1- Shadow Play/Silhouettes as a medium

For the adaptation that I have chosen to work on (Harold & the Purple Crayon), I am attempting to create a couple of animation tests based on a few shots from my storyboard. The effect I am aiming for in terms of design is that of silhouettes.

Below are a few videos that comprise of the use of shadow puppets in storytelling for theatre and animation. The relevant aspects to my research from these videos, is the design of the puppets itself with some being very intricate in details. I am focusing more on the contours of the cut outs and it's rigidity. What I hope to incorporate in my animation tests is more of a loose silhouette drawing rather than a cut out. However, these videos will help me understand the intricacies of the designs within the cut outs and how I could perhaps use it to a minimal extent in my design.





No comments:

Post a Comment