Tuesday, November 22, 2011

SS1- Silhouettes on Flash

As I am going to make my animation tests on Flash, the video I found below is that of Michel Gagne who is known for his work in renowned movies like that of The Iron Giant, The Incredibles and Ratatouille. The video is a compilation of his old independent animation shorts comprised of silhouettes and shadow puppets on Flash!


The animations incorporate the use of tweens and frame by frame which is ideal for my research as I too am attempting to work on Flash for my tests. In addition to that, the character designs are worth referencing in order understand how personalities are fleshed out from plain silhouettes.


It's amazing to see how traditional shadow puppetry derived from theatre has been catapulted to another level of medium like that of Flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment